The Great Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Great Game

The Great Game is a roleplaying chronicle based around the Eberron setting for DnD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed

Go down 
+9
Mokato
Praetorious
Dres
Mirae
Rima Nerezza
Bulwark
Jaynna
Ghalin
GM
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Bulwark

The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 2:57 am

"And another awakens," Bulwark nodded. It seemed to be a good question to start off with, so he asked it to the new awakener: "Did you sleep well?"

Bulwark stared at the weasel that was making a feast of Dres' belt; or at least trying to. Bulwark turned his head to where Ghalin was climbing a tree. "Sir? Another one awakens, if you're looking to find out why we're all here. Perhaps he knows?"

To the Elf, he nodded, along with to the rest of the people in the camp that had woken up that he had not introduced himself to. "I am designation A001-017. Named, Bulwark, if that is easier. . ."
Back to top Go down
http://deriaz.deviantart.com
Praetorious

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 3:00 am

A bump beneath a blanket begins to move as a man stirs in his sleep. Sitting up and stretching the man turns as pale as death when he notices those around the campfire, and that there's even a campfire. Examining each of the figures present he eyes the warforged, then the dwarf and then finally the women present.

"What are you doing in my room?" he finally asks, looking a bit lost for words as this was clearly not his room, but there was no simple reason for why he was here and with others.

The man clears himself of his blanket and stands up, stretching his fingers as he does so. The human stands about six feat tall and is rather slender for his height, bones showing through his skin, though not sickly and malnourished.

He eyes those around him and then smells the food and realizes how hungry he is after sleeping. Grabbing a bowl he moves to pour himself some food before moving back out of the circle to watch those around him. Securing his belongings for good measure, he makes sure to check his back for a large leather-bound book and secures a small pouch to his belt. Realizing that he's already garbed in his black traveling leathers and boots he looks even more puzzled, but waits for the others to make a move as he slowly eats the stew.
Back to top Go down
Dres

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 3:02 am

Dres grabs the now annoyed weasel around the armpits and lifts him onto his shoulder. "Bulwark, I can manage that. I'm Dres, and this is Aasel." he says as he pokes the weasel. The weasel in turn nips the finger and is rebuked with another poke.

Dres straps his belt on and looks up at the climber. "Tree people eh?"
Back to top Go down
Ghalin

Ghalin

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 3:05 am

A smile spread across Ghalin's face as the forged called him sir. Being shown proper respect was not something he was used to, but he could definately grow to like it. "Well see if ee wants any food, and then see if he knows anything." He intentionally shouts loud enough so that who ever could just answer directly. "Both o' them." He modifies his statement as he sees another figure moving toward the food.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/enigma1122
GM

GM

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 3:09 am

((For any who chose to explore your surroundings...

The firelight extends almost to the edge of the trees and stops there. Beyond them is pitch darkness and they make a complete circle around the camp.

Ghalin: You have some difficulty climbing the tree bu it us not impossible. As you make your way slowly up it becomes more and more difficult to see anything other than the faint glow of the firelight. When you get as high up as the branches can support your weight, you still have not seen anything other than more trees and darkness.

All ranger/druids: As you contemplate your surroundings you are struck by the sheer freshness of it all. It almost seems that before you arrived, there had been nothing here but the forest. All manner of creatures call out from the darkness, owls, crickets, wolves in the distance. It feels to you as if you are in the heart of a primeval forest, the first humanoids to have ever been here. Your companions as well seem completely at ease in their surroundings, each of them exuding a sensation of being where they should be, of beloning here.

))
Back to top Go down
Dres

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 3:10 am

Aasel suddenly leaps off the shoulder and towards the smell of food. Dres chases after. He grabs the weasel and sticks him in his pocket. He then crouches and begins serving himself some food. With a mouth full of delicious nutrients he shouts "I woufd lifke shome foomd, a' I know lossh of shturff."

He then drinks from his water skin, poors a bit in his hand and watches Aasel lap it up. He then offers the weasel a chunk of bread produced from his belt and the weasel grabs it greedily and leaps back into his beloved pocket.
Back to top Go down
Ghalin

Ghalin

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 3:14 am

Ghalin sighs as he realizes that there are too many questions at the moment, for him to try to climbs. He lets go of the tree and does a little tumble toward the fire as he hits the ground. "Yeh say yeh know ' know lossh of shturff' ey? Do yeh know where we be at?"
Back to top Go down
Bulwark

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 3:16 am

Bulwark nodded to the Human that had just awoken after Dres. "Hello, sir. You slept well, I assume?" Seeing that the Human had already served himself, Bulwark pointed to the pot of stew. "There is food, if yo--" he started, but stopped as Dres helped himself. An odd sound came from the Warforged, but he didn't move his jaw to let it out. Instead, it died quickly. . . It almost sounded like a strange chuckle, but from one who doesn't know how to express it.

"Do either of you recognize this place?" he said, glancing around at his surroundings again. "All of us seem to have woken up in this camp. We do not know how we came here, or why we have gathered here; nor do we seem to know one another. Perhaps. . . Either of you have an idea?"

Bulwark may not have looked the most pleasant of the group, possibly being the least, but he at least knew that getting the people to talk was better than suspicions arising and arguments starting. . . Thus, the question of "you slept well?" was his idea of breaking the ice in the situation.
Back to top Go down
Dres

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 3:18 am

Dres looks up from his food and swallows this time before speaking. "Judging by the air, trees, general geography and bird flight paths. I'd calculate we are in a forest." He grins.
Back to top Go down
Ghalin

Ghalin

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 3:33 am

Ghalin's eyes again scanned the ground for a rock to throw not finding any particualry not-large ones he decided it would be best to keep piece in the group for a while longer. "Really? I cannae see any, with all dem trees blockin' my view."
Back to top Go down
Mokato

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 5:31 am

Mokato awoke to the sound of voices, slowly stretching he took stock of himself first off, he felt no bones broken nor pierced skin and stood to see where he was and who was speaking. He stood a bit short at around 5'8 and was dressed in what looked like rags, peering at the faes surrounding him he was both surprised and excited, the prospect of meeting new people was one he was looking forward to but being transported to an unknown location was not something he enjoyed very much. He was a bit taken back with the variety of races he saw around him, a halfling, a human like himself, a large warforged, and many more. Remembering himself he thought to introduce himself, his masters did not teach him to be rude and simply stare.

"Hello, my name is Mokato, I dont believe I have met any of you yet." Mokato put on a smiling face and attempted to smooth out his outfit to look half presentable to his new companions. Feeling a rumbling in his stomach Mokato grinned sheepishly at the many others that were in the camp. "Do we have any food perchance?" Mokato asked as he followed his nose to the smell of food.
Back to top Go down
Ghalin

Ghalin

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 5:38 am

"Did yeh sleep well?" Ghalin says in a mock social tone cutting off the warforged whom he was sure was about to ask the very question. "If yeh dinnae know about the food 'ere, uma guessin' yeh dinnae know where we be at do yeh?" Ghalin asked getting sick and tired of asking the same old questions.
Back to top Go down
Bulwark

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 7:53 am

"Hello, Sir Mokato. Did y--" Bulwark had started, but stopped when Ghalin finished the question before him. Another strange "chuck;e" coughed in his throat for a second.

"I am designatiion A001-017. Named, Bulwark, if that is easier for you. . . And yes, there is food." Bulwark had been confused and dioriented at first, awakening -- he wondered if that was the correct term for himself -- in this clearing, but his memory was slowing jogging to catch up. And the first thing he was remembering was his manners. He leaned over, grabbed a bowl, and held it towards Mokato in an offer. "There is stew in the pot, if you wish. Most of the others have eaten, though some still sleep.

"And, Sir Ghalin. . ." Bulwark nodded, "I do believe you are correct. The pattern seems to be that we were all one place one moment, and now we are here. And since we cannot seem to figure out exactly our location. . . Perhaps it is best that we at least make the most of it, until whoever brought us here returns. At which point, we can ask for transport back to where we once were."

His eyes scanned the group again. He couldn't see any pattern to whom had appeared or why, but he figured it didn't matter at the moment. As he said, best to make the most of it for the time being. And with free food, free beds, and fleshlings needing to eat. . . Bulwark wasn't about to reject all that for these strangers. Even if that seemed a little too trusting.
Back to top Go down
Rima Nerezza

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 11:38 am

Rima shifted her weight, a little uncomfortable now that more and more people were waking, "You haven't heard of him? Hmm, why on earth are all of you here for then I wonder." She nods at each person as they wake and notice her. What an odd gathering this was. She wasn't really that surprised that she had woken up in a primeval forest clearing. What surprised her was that so many people had woken up with her! And they obviously weren't here for the same reasons because apparently none of them knew who the Scourged was! What was going on?!

Kree jumped as as the weasel made a beeline to the pot where she was eating. Squawking, she took off and perched on the nearest tall, solid thing. . . . Bulwark. Startled and still in a foul (fowl ;D) mood she screeched at the weasels apparent master, "Oi! Be more careful with that thing! Who knows if it was the soup or me it was trying to eat!" She shifted her weight uncomfortably as she looked around at all the people in the clearing, "Honestly, what is it with all you people and animals anyway!"

Rima ignored Kree as she followed the conversation, "I'm not going back. Not yet. Not until I find some answers! I was told I could get them here, and I'm not leaving 'till I do."
Back to top Go down
http://avoidingreality.deviantart.com/
Jaynna

Jaynna

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 11:52 am

::Finishes her silent meal, and scrubs out the bow with a bit of dirt. Then rinses it with a small splash of water. Noticing Hope’s reaction to the new animals that are showing up, she puts her arm around the dog and hugs him closer. Her large hazel eyes wide as she tries to absorb the newly awakened folks names and any other comment they may make. She purses her lips.. carefully choosing her own words before she speaks.

“I don’t know anything about someone named The Scourged, all I do know is that there is a child lost in time, one that needs help or suffer horribly, and I intend to find her and see to it she has a future. “ Jaynna straightens a little.. her hand still firmly around the dog. "As to where I am.. " shrugs..

She glances at the others.. and blushes a bit.. as she realizes she forgot her manners.. “I am Jyanna.. and this” squeezes the dog a bit, “Is Hope.”::
Back to top Go down
Bulwark

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 12:03 pm

Bulwark didn't seem to mind a raven perched on his shoulder. . . No less a talking one. He stared at it for a moment, nodded, and then looked back to the group. "I was told my Arria is being held against her will. A half-elf with raven-colored hair," he glanced at the raven on his shoulder in irony, "told me if I cannot find her, then Madam Arria will become little more than a shell of her former self. I cannot let that happen. . ."

The construct was motionless for a moment, before speaking again. "So it seems we all have a reason, in a roundabout way, for being here. We're looking for someone, or something. . .?" He clung to that idea, trying to make a pattern in his head.
Back to top Go down
Jaynna

Jaynna

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 12:44 pm

::Nods to Bulwarks reasoning, then blushes a little.. then a whole lot as something dawns on her. Her eyes go wide, and her grip tightens on Hope. The dog shuffles abit awakwardly as she does so. Jaynna's mouth opens, "Uhoh, I knew I forgot something."::
Back to top Go down
Dres

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 12:50 pm

Dres seems oblivious to the goings on, instead he sits and eats. After a while he stands and proudly announces "For those of you who have recently woken up, I AM DRES!" he then sits back down and stares into the fire.

Then his face becomes solemn as he breathes in the air and looks at the trees. "What trickery has brought us here?"
Back to top Go down
Bulwark

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 12:53 pm

"That seems to be the question we all wish to know, Sir Dres. . ." Bulwark said. He seemed to answer the question quickly, moving on to Jaynna. "You 'forgot' something? Is it important? Otherwise, you may be able to obtain another one in a town. . ." Bulwark looked around. "Whichever direction a town is actually in. . ."
Back to top Go down
Rima Nerezza

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 1:12 pm

Rima jumps a bit at the. . . . loud announcement from Dres, "Well met. Rima. As for what brought us here, I don't know about the rest of you, but I asked to come. Didn't know so many people would be here though. I think the one I came to see hasn't arrived yet."

Rima moves over to the fire and begins serving herself some of the soup, "Last night, or what I believe to be last night, I don't know how long I was sleeping, I received a vision from a man who is apparently called The Scourged. It was. . . .disturbing, to say the least. I will not go into detail accept to say that he knew way to much about me and that it appeared that he has been secretly watching me for some time. I want to know what he wants from me and why. I was sent here by a very pretty lady half-elf with a horse named Jake. She said that an old man at this location would know. Perhaps it is the same woman who talked to Bulwark, I do not know."

Rima pauses as she listens to more conversation, "As for town, Kree," the raven perched on Bulwark turns its head at its name, "Think you could fly up and see if you can see any lights that would indicate a town? Perhaps even a trail that could lead to one? I think some here would like to leave as soon as possible, even if we wish to stay."

Kree nods, "Sure thing," and takes off.

After explaining herself and offering this assistance, Rima sits down to eat. As she turns her head to once again appraise those around her, the light of the fire catches one of her eyes through the darkness of her hood and it glows red, as would a rats, before disappearing again into darkness. She sighs, apparently tired all of a sudden, "If any of you know anything about this man called The Scourged, I would appreciate the information."
Back to top Go down
http://avoidingreality.deviantart.com/
Jaynna

Jaynna

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 1:15 pm

::Looks down at her feet, shaking her head. “Nay, nay, unless I come across that pretty human lady again.. the one in the floaty dress.” Shuffles her feet awkwardly. “She asked me to find this child, but.. I forgot to ask her the child’s name, or even what the child looked like.” Raises her face, filled with dismay at her own… lack of information.::
Back to top Go down
Dres

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 1:23 pm

Dres showily falls backwards onto his bed roll and Aasel pops out of the pocket and curls up on his chest. "I met this beautiful woman. . . sent me to find here daughter, now I'm here with you lot." He says almost to himself.

He props himself off, knocking Aasel off his chest and into his lap. He starts playing with the weasel who is wrestling with his hand. "The way I see it, ouch, is that we were all sent here under some, ow Aasel!, pretext. Now the only course of, ow, action I see is to find our way to the nearest town."

Dres puts the weasel back in his pocket and moves to Bulwark. In a low tone he whispers. "By the looks of you, you're one of the first warforged, before they were all mass produced. Any reason why YOU'RE here?"
Back to top Go down
Bulwark

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 1:30 pm

Bulwark rumbled for a moment, a low "Hmm. . ." echoing from his jaw.

"So. . . I am thinking that this is not all coincidence. . .

"Madam Jaynna is here to find a child. I was told to find a child to find Arria. This half-elf may be connected to this 'Scourged' person. . . There is probably reasoning behind all of this."

He listened to Dres as the Elf spoke. "And Sir Dres, here, is finding a daughter. . ."

The mountain of metal nodded. "You would be correct as well, Sir Dres, is your assumption of my origin. . . As given by my designation, A001-017, I am one of the first Warforged. 'A' indicates that I was of the first models. The '001' indicates I am the first series of the first Warforged. . . In essence, I am the very first. . . 'model' of Warforged before you. The '017' merely indicates the number of the Warforged that emerged from the forge. Thus, I am the 17th Warforged created. . . One of the oldest. I have not met any older than I. . . I believe they went to war. As for their fates, I never learned."

The Warforged bowed his head. "As I said, I am here to find Madam Arria d'Cannith. Cannith was paid to create me to protect one of their newborn daughters, Arria. I have been by her side since the day of her birth. To have her disappear from under my watch was troubling, and so I have searched night and day to find her for the past 9 years. . . I can only assume it is related, as well, to the people you all are looking for. But as to why all of us have been gathered. . . I cannot say."
Back to top Go down
Praetorious

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 1:40 pm

Not too trusting and not liking the situation, was this magic, kidnapping or still a dream? Praetorious looked about at the people around him. The only one that seemed to know why she was here directly was the cloaked figure with the raven.

"I'm here by some dark magic. I woke here. I know nothing of you, nothing of some little girl and nothing of this place. I'm either firmly asleep, or bewitched."
Back to top Go down
Ghalin

Ghalin

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 1:55 pm

Ghalin smiles as the girl finally thinks of sending her bird up to scout. He was hoping his slow attempt to climb would have triggered the thought a little sooner.

He sits for a while, listening to the conversation, as he made himself busy pulling items out of his sack and laying them out on the ground in front of him for inventorying. After some time of those around him explaining how they came to be here he decides it is time to chime it.

"Yeh all were brought here being told of some purpose ey! That least explains to meh why ya 'spect those who brought us ta return. I would say the odds o' that are slim. An if" He cuts across himself. "I say when these last few wake we 'ave 'em eat fast and get a move on. I dinnae think much progress will be made by sittin'."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Great Game :: At the Gaming Table :: The Great Game (IC)-
Jump to: