The Great Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Great Game

The Great Game is a roleplaying chronicle based around the Eberron setting for DnD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed

Go down 
+9
Mokato
Praetorious
Dres
Mirae
Rima Nerezza
Bulwark
Jaynna
Ghalin
GM
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Mirae

Mirae

The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 7:44 pm

Mirae listens to Sorno's speech, blushing slightly. (In sylvan) "Thank you for your kind words, and I appreciate the offer of assistance. Please give me a few moments to speak with my companions, but while you wait would you be willing to ask your people if they know anything of werewolves... are they the guardians you speak of? And we also seek a wise and intelligent cat - I am unsure if it is my friend there." She indicates Denni, who sits nearby washing his paws as if nothing interesting is going on at all.

Mirae looks at Ghalin first, with a somewhat relieved expression. "He accepts your apology, and his honour is satisfied... thank you!" Then she turns to Bulwark with a smile. "And he and his kind are interested in 'the great metal man' - they have never seen anything like you before. Would you object to more of them coming to look at you?"

She gets to her feet and looks around at the group, trying to raise her voice enough to carry to everyone, unaccustomed to addressing so many. "This is their forest - it belongs to their Queen, and the wolves are her guardians. The wolves are angry that we are here, they feel that all our kind are barbaric. Many of them, and Sorno's people as well, suffered at the hands of the Silver Flame before escaping here, and these little people came to see if we are really as terrible as the wolves say. I... I suggest that if any of you worship the Flame you do not mention it, and perhaps cover any symbols you may have..."

She pauses, and looks around at everyone again. "More of the little ones may come into the circle - please do not be concerned or aggressive, they are merely curious. Sorno has offered to assist if he is able, if I tell him what we quest for. I truly do not know how much to tell him. I have no wish to lie to him, and I do not believe his people will cause us trouble unless we hurt them..." she looks out at the trees, "...or damage their forest. If you will give me your advice, perhaps together we can figure out a way to tell him what we seek?"

((Sorry if it seems like a lot of repetition to translate everything like this, but she might not want to convey it all. She especially wouldn't mention that Sorno is calling her a 'Noble Priestess'... *grin*))
Back to top Go down
Jaynna

Jaynna

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 9:12 pm

::Jaynna nods at Mirae's words.. Her smile bright and beaming.. "I would adore seeing more of his kind.. They are so facinating.. " Feels her wrist getting a little stiff, but doesnt want to dislodge her guest. She cocks her head to the side as she looks around quickly then returns her smile to the fae man.. Wondering how they work materials so small to make weapons, wondering what sort of needles that such wonderous craftsment could make to use in her work, thinking that the weaves they could accomplish with silk could make threads finer that she currently has for sealing wounds.. Her mind is just running overdrive with such ideas.. though she knows they are on another plane and could never put her plans into fruition, but the prospects are tantilizing.::
Back to top Go down
Bulwark

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 11:19 pm

"I do not object to more of them," Bulwark said with a nod. "So long as they are not aggressive to you, myself, Madam Jaynna, or anyone else in the group -- including the animals. If they agree to that, then I do not mind."

Bulwark didn't feel awkward answering the question -- he knew he was different from everyone in the group for obvious reasons. But he felt his request was acceptable: Don't hurt his new friends, and he won't hurt them. And he'd allow them to inspect him, if they so wished. Bulwark had another chuckle that got caught in his throat, but he nodded again. "I do not mind it at all."
Back to top Go down
http://deriaz.deviantart.com
Rima Nerezza

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 2:28 am

Rima smiled, "Tell him that his kind are welcome to come and quench their curiosity. At least by me. As for how much to tell him, if you could translate this to him Mirae? 'Right now our wish is to return to our home, Eberron. We were told that a cat would show us where, but we are unsure of what cat this is. Any help you can give us would be greatly appreciated.'"
Slowly, she approached the little man in an attempt to get a better look at him. Once she had knelt down so that he was at her eye level, she tilted her head a bit. She decided that he definitely liked Sorno. "Such fascinating eyes."
Back to top Go down
http://avoidingreality.deviantart.com/
Sorno
NPC
Sorno

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 4:23 am

In sylvan: "Noble Priestess, I will convey your words to those who watch from the trees. Some may even be bold enough to come forth to satisfy their curiousity once I tell them that they have not to fear. I will return in a moment and then I will be happy to answer your questions."

He gives his wings a quick check and then jumps up from Jaynna's hands. Hovering near motionless in the air his wingfs move so fast it is almost impossible to see them. He darts off back towards the trees. He is gone for about minutes before returning. Behind him are another dozen others all with the same nut brown skin, their hairs a different vibrant color all through the spectrum. They are obviously quite nervous about being in the open, flying so close behind him that when he stops near Mirae, the whole line alomst flys right into him. He scolds them harshly. "Watch where youre going!" and then flashes an apologetic look to Mirae. He waves them back a little bit and for the most part they just cluster together and watch. One braver little guy, breaks off from the group and heads over to Bulwark, floating around his head in the same way that a bee examines a flower. After a moment or two three more join him and the rest scamper back to the safety of the trees.

"I know much about the werewolves. They are the Queen's guardians and champions. They along with their packs patrol the forests in search of those beasts who hae no right to be here and protect the Queen and her court from invaders. As for an intelligent cat, I would indeed look to your companion. He shows the mark of a sighted beast." He makes a motion to his eye, the same eye that on Denni has changed colors. "Sighted means that the animal can see things that are not as they seem." He points to Hope. "As does the dog." He touches his brows. "I know of a gateway that leads away from here. I can show you the path to it and assure your safety along you travels if you would cammand this of me noble one. It I what I suspect is true your friend will be able to show us the precise location of the gate once we get near it. But I must be honest, none among us know of how to activate it or even if it can be."

He pauses from a moment. "You have not spoken of the quest that you are on. Is it something secret? Something personal? If I can be of assistance in any way, please I would seek to aid you in your journey."
Back to top Go down
Jaynna

Jaynna

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 12:20 pm

::Jaynna stands as the fae leaves her hand.. and rubs her wrist covertly, delicate fingers massaging away the stiffness. She glances up as the other creatures follow the fae into the clearing, and claps in almost childish delight as they buzz around Bulwark, her eyes sparkling with joy at the multitude of colors and the sheer beauty of their flight.

"Arn't they wonderful." She exclaims, facinated by how they spin and hover, sometimes almost too fast for the eye.::
Back to top Go down
Bulwark

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 3:05 pm

Bulwark throat-chuckled for a few seconds at the little creatures flying around him. "I am desig--" he started, introducing himself, until he realized they wouldn't understand him. He wished for a moment that he spoke whatever language they spoke in order to more easily explain what he was. His unblinking eyes focused on each one of them as they flew around him, studying them slightly. He had never seen anything like them, and his curiosity was getting the better of him.

Bulwark glanced at his sword arm's elbow, making sure it was still firmly attached -- he was confident there was no way these tiny creatures could pull of an arm as heavy as his. They didn't even know the proper way to remove it, he thought. He shrugged away the thought, and raised his hand for the little creatures to inspect. He flexed the joints in his hand, and flexed the muscular-like livewood under the plating in his arm to demonstrate how similar to the fleshlings he was, but to also keep their curiosity intact. He was careful on how he moved, however -- only his arm moved, slowly. He had a fear that if he moved his torso, one of the small creatures might hit one of his spikes, which he didn't want.

Last edited by Bulwark on Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo: his -> *hit)
Back to top Go down
GM

GM

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 3:36 pm

While Sorno is going through his little talk with Mirae, the first of the creatures to move to Bulwark actually lands on his shoulder. He bends to one knee and rapps his tiny little knuckles against the various materials that comprise Bulwarks construction, marveling when his knuckles touch the livewood. The other three are clinging to each other, expressions of horror on their little faces. They mutter something a couple of times waving him back to the group, but he ignores them and continues the much more indept inspection.

Bulwark only: You barely feel his tiny little hands as they explore you. He touches everything from your shoulders, to your face to your head. At one point his hand dislodges something. He holds it for a moment with an 'oh-oh' look on his face and then tosses whatever it was over his shoulder. (Dont worry it was just dirt... hmm that joint moves a little better now, wonder how long that had been wedged in there?)

After a few more minutes he flys back to view the whole picture and chatters something. The other three immediately begine to argue with him. He crosses him arms and seems to be quite pointedly ignoring them.
Back to top Go down
Mirae

Mirae

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 3:49 pm

((after Sorno's post))

Mirae smiles in delight as the group approaches - she bows politely as they hover nearby, and greets them in their own language. "Welcome, friends, and thank you for gracing us with your presence. I am honoured by the trust you place in us, and awed by your beauty." She waves a hand towards the Warforged. "The 'metal man' you find so interesting is named Bulwark, and has agreed to closer inspection by any who wish, so long as they do not act in a way he or others may consider aggressive." She gives an apologetic smile for even suggesting that any of these tiny people could behave that way. "Please forgive my rudeness, but many are on edge after the odd things that have happened recently... I would like to avoid any misunderstandings."

She names the rest of her group for the little beings and watches in amusement as a few investigate Bulwark, before returning her attention to Sorno. She listens to his words and nods slightly, then sits on the ground and rests a hand palm-up on her knee so that he can stand on it if he wishes. She looks at Hope and Denni, then at Jaynna.

"He says that Hope and Denni are marked as 'sighted', that they can see things that are not as they seem... he thinks that Denni is likely the cat the Smith spoke of. He also says he knows of a gateway away from here, but not how or if it can be activated although he feels that Denni may be able to show us when we get near it." She glances at Sorno and smiles again, then turns back to the others. "He is willing to lead us to this location and to ensure our safety along the way, if we wish."

She looks to Sorno and addresses him in sylvan again. "Please, my name is Mirae. I am... uncomfortable with the titles you honour me with - I am no priestess, and I..." she pauses, thinking of her broken vows, and a guilty look crosses her face for a moment, "...I am far from noble, my friend," she sighs. "Forgive my reluctance to confide in you, but as far as I can tell we are all here for a slightly different reason and I am unwilling to speak for the others without their permission. I will tell you that I have been charged with finding a woman who is on a dangerous path through life, and I must find a way to turn her from this path or thousands may die. I do not know how to find her, but some believe we must begin by returning to our home plane of Eberron to search for clues to our various quests. Perhaps this gate you speak of is our way home? I personally would be happy to accept your assistance, if the others will permit."

Mirae looks around at the group again, wondering how they are reacting to the presence of the tiny people and if they want to head for this 'gate'.

((edit: When Mirae named everyone for the visitors she would have used the actual name and not a translation of it, so you would have heard your own name, or that of your animal/bird if she knows it, mentioned at some point if you were listening.))

Last edited by Mirae on Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sorno
NPC
Sorno

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 4:20 pm

Settles himself down on the palm of Mirae's hand all the while keeping a close eyes on the quartet still exploring Bulwark. (In sylvan) "My lady Mirae, you are most certainly a priestess, either in the service of the Great Hunter of the Forest or his sister the Lady of the Plains. But if I make you uncomfortable then I shall adress you as Lady Mirae, but I refuse to refer to you in the comman form. My honor cannot permit me to treat you as a simple person like myself."

((Mirae: Great Hunter of the Forest = Balinor, god of beasts and the Hunt. Lady of the Plain = Arawai goddess of agriculture. Although you doubt that these creatures view these entites in the same way that others do and likely not as part of the Soveraign Host as you know it.))
Back to top Go down
Bulwark

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 4:38 pm

Bulwark watched the brave creature with a slight interest. Why it was brave enough to approach, while the others hung back, he couldn't figure out. Did he really seem that intimidating? Or was it the size?

Bulwark shuddered slightly as the brave one dislodged a big of dirt. The joint felt a little better -- not that there had been much wrong with it, but he could always tell there was something lodged down there.

When it went to join the group again, Bulwark put his sword arm over his chest and bowed again, hoping he was using the display correctly. When they chattered away, Bulwark tilted his head, curious as to what they were saying. Something about him? Or just trying to persuade the brave one to return to the trees, perhaps.

Bulwark stared at them for a few more seconds, before nodding to Mirae. "I do not mind them leading us," he rumbled. "They do not seem like they mean to harm us -- these little ones here," he said, motioning to the small quartet, "are any indication to that. If they wished me harm, it would have come. I still have the key safe within my arm. . . If the little ones cannot lead us safely to the gate, then I, myself, will offer as much protection to our group as I can. I do believe we should return to Eberron as soon as possible, however."

Bulwark glanced over at the quartet again, wondering if his loud, rumbling voice might have scared them any more than some of them were already.
Back to top Go down
Praetorious

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 7:25 pm

Praetorious hears that "Sorno" can lead to a portal that should be what we're after and can barely contain his excitement, recovering a bit of composure, "I think we ought to take him up on his offer. I would love to return here some day, but with the prospect of Werewolves, it can be another day. If he can protect us from those "guardians", then I say we waste too much time talking about it when we could be walking."
Back to top Go down
Mirae

Mirae

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 9:06 pm

Mirae opens her mouth to argue further with Sorno, then realises that this could go on all night. She gives a small sigh, and smiles at the tiny man. (In Sylvan) "If that makes you happy, friend Sorno, then I will accept it. But I will not think of you as a 'simple person' - each living thing is special in its own way! As for who I serve..." She gives a small shrug. "At the moment, I believe I serve all Eberron in attempting to stop the things I have been told may happen. I will go with you to this gate, but I would like to wait a little longer to see if anyone else wishes to go."

Mirae glances at Praetorious as he speaks and gives him a tiny nod, saying nothing but her expression telling him that she intends to follow Sorno even if no one else does. Although if Bulwark does not follow with the key, she is unsure how far they will get...
Back to top Go down
gerbill

gerbill

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 9:33 pm

Gerbill has been watching, listening and trying not to distract anyone or draw attention to himself.

This changes and he stands. He looks at Ghalin. "Now that we have a direction to go, I think it is time we start off. I am not so easily trusting of these fellows though. We were told that the only ones we could rely on is ourselves. So tell them only what we have too and don't mention the the thing we are 'protecting' (nods at Bulwark) until it is time to use it. Also don't assume they can't understand us."

"Ghalin, if you would like to lead us out once we are all ready, I will follow." He looks at his companions to see if they are in agreement.
Back to top Go down
http://www.i-sci-fi.com
Rima Nerezza

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 10:46 pm

"I am more than willing to follow Sorno. Especially since it is the only lead we have! However, if that is the case, he would be the one leading us, not Ghalin." Kree few to Rimas side and perched on her shoulder. "Lets get going."
Back to top Go down
http://avoidingreality.deviantart.com/
Jaynna

Jaynna

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 11:50 pm

::Jaynna glances up and realizes the others are talking, tries to tear herself away from sheer joy of watching the creatures dance back and forth on their wonderful wings. She laughs to herself and tries to concentrate on what is being said. "Hmm.. if he knows of a gate.. and we have Denni to indicate if its proper.. I dont see the harm.. but.. but what if we get there and its not the right one. " Smiles broadly as she catches the glimpse of one of the winged creatures flying past.

"I will follow where the majority of you all lead.. " cocks her head.. "And if Hope is 'sighted' as well, this is a good thing I think.. " Glances to the others.. who have not answered yet..

"Um.. Mirae.. can you tell them I think they are wonderful, and that I bow to their craftsmenship.. They have skills in their own arts, that I would love to be able to duplicate.. for that I am.. humbled." Jaynna breathlessly states.. her eyes asparkle with the wonders of the fae creatures.. and the delicate arts of their own crafts..::
Back to top Go down
Ghalin

Ghalin

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 2:51 am

Ghalin feels surprised as he agrees with the words that Grbill said. He was going to bring the point up himself, but he had not way to tell if the creatures were truly with out understanding common tongue.

"Ah agree with the Halflin', though I got no real intentions of leadin'. We were told no more an' a hour ago ter trust none and ya'll be willing ter walk into their.... well their anything. We dinnae know. If'n they know the silver flame by name though, they must understan' somethin."

(I can't remember if anyone actually said anything about the queen in open conversation yet, so if not I am not saying this next part.) Maybe we should try'n see what we can get o' their queen. Sure she got some old books talking about this an that. An an... an I am tired of standin' here so lets do something!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/enigma1122
Bulwark

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 3:56 am

"It seems the consensus is to leave, then," Bulwark nodded. "I am not against this. Whenever we wish to leave, I will follow. I have the key within my arm -- I do not wish to lead for fear that I put everyone's safety and their only chance home in danger. However, is Sir Sorno wishes to guide us, then that is acceptable by me."

The group wanting to move struck an emotion in Bulwark. . . "Sad", was it called? He wished he would have had more time to inspect the small flying creatures. But if the group wanted to move, he was not one to stand in the way. He may have been an equal person under the Treaty of Thronehold, but he still preferred to take orders. As if "move out" was the order, then that was that.
Back to top Go down
GM

GM

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 4:08 am

(I can't remember if anyone actually said anything about the queen in open conversation yet, so if not I am not saying this next part.) Maybe we should try'n see what we can get o' their queen. Sure she got some old books talking about this an that. An an... an I am tired of standin' here so lets do something!"

((The Queen was mentioned in translation Mirae: "This is their forest - it belongs to their Queen, and the wolves are her guardians. ))
Back to top Go down
Praetorious

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 4:24 am

At the prospect that these little creatures could be leading the group astray or looking for trouble, Praetorious wrinkled his nose. "I don't believe that these things would lead us astray, but perhaps Dres and Mirae are more apt to answer than I. As far as taking us to a portal that isn't what we are after. If the portals here are, quite literally, keyed - then there should be no chance. Either the gateway opens for us just being there, which I doubt as the little one mentioned that they had no way to open it, or all of them need a key and just like any door ours won't work."

Thinking about it for a moment, he continues, "The only thing that worries me here so far, other than the resounding fact that I don't know where we are or what's going on, is the werewolves. He can either protect us, or he can't. If he can, then he can also show us the portal and keep us free of mishap. If he can't, we stray from the fire and are ambushed by the wolves, which is what is going to happen regardless at this point. I suppose what I'm saying is 'What do we have to lose?'"
Back to top Go down
Mirae

Mirae

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 2:22 pm

Mirae quickly translates Jaynna's compliments for Sorno, then turns to Ghalin and Grrbill with a frown.

"I was under the impression that the spies and danger were back home on Eberron, and that we had been brought here to a safe place. I cannot believe these little people would deliberately lead us astray, especially as this one seems to... um... respect me..." She blushes a little, then her frown deepens. "I could ask if they do understand any Common - I do not think he will lie to me, but if you are that suspicious then you will likely not believe what he says in any case, so I see no point in insulting him. As for their Queen, if everyone wishes it then I can ask if we would be permitted to meet her but I am not sure it would help much... and I do not want to delay too long. Also..." she glances at Praetorious and Jaynna, who seemed to be most nervous of the werewolves, "if the wolves guard her, then it is likely there would be wolves present. They may be harder to deal with than Sorno's people, even if they speak the same language."

She cracks a small smile at Ghalin. "And books? Even if she had some, which I find doubtful, what makes you think we could even attempt to read something so small?"
Back to top Go down
Bulwark

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 9:40 pm

"Since the consensus seems to be to leave. . . And we seem to all have our things gathered. . . Madam Mirae, can you tell Sir Sorno to lead us to the gate? I agree with Sir Praetorious. What do we have to lose, by trusting the small ones?

"Under normal circumstances, I would not mind a trip to the Queen. However, we are not on our own home plane. We may have overstayed our welcome. . ."

((Just trying to move things along. Noticed it's slowing down a great deal. . . Um. . . And I don't exactly want us stuck in this same campfire forever. . . Since everyone seems to want to move, but we aren't moving. . . I figure I'd post something of Bulwark saying for Mirae to tell Sorno to lead us, so we can actually get out of here. . . Or at least hope to. Hope that's ok.))
Back to top Go down
Jaynna

Jaynna

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 9:54 pm

::Jaynna reaches down and makes sure she stows her mirror in its small pocket in the interior of her kit, making sure her bottles and jars are all tightly sealed, the other matierals havent worked loose from their pockets and the bread and meat she packed from the baskets are tucked away carefully. She stands, as she listens to Mirae relaying her words, smiling at the wonderful song like quality of the language. And nods to Bulwark as he states his attentions. She picks up the waterskin one mroe time and tries to position it carefully, frowning at its uweildy bulk, but shrugs.. willing to carry her own gear. She ties the bedroll to the back strap of her rucksack, using it and the kit to balance out the waters weight.

Her eyes big, she stands straight.. "I am ready."::
Back to top Go down
Mirae

Mirae

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 12:23 am

((I want to get moving too, but I'd hoped that the ones who hadn't had much chance to post might have had an opportunity to catch up and have their say over the weekend, rather than me dragging everyone along with Mirae and Sorno... Wink Since not a lot is happening, though, I agree with Bulwark... let's move out, people! *grin*))

Mirae waits a few moments longer, trying to contain her impatience. When Bulwark speaks up she nods in relief and turns her attention back to Sorno. (In Sylvan) "I am ready to leave, my friend, and I think at least some of the others are willing to follow. Please, lead us to this gateway you spoke of. I will ask the others not to harm any wolves or other creatures we see, but I cannot expect them not to defend themselves if anything attacks them. If you or your people can tell the guardians we wish to pass peacefully, perhaps that would help?"

She waits for Sorno to remove himself from her hand, and gets to her feet. Crossing to the spot where she woke, she makes sure she has all her belongings and puts on her pack, picking up her quarterstaff in one hand and waving to Denni with the other. "Denni, come..." She turns to the rest of the group.

"I am going with Sorno to this gate... follow if you wish. Please, do not attack anything unless it is absolutely necessary to defend yourself. I do not know what sort of protection Sorno's people can offer us, so it is best to avoid conflict if possible."

She nods to Sorno, takes a deep breath to steady herself, and prepares to leave the comfort of the firelight.
Back to top Go down
Sorno
NPC
Sorno

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 4:12 am

(In sylvan) He smiles widely. "Lady Mirae, although the wolves and pack may be the queens guardians, they are far from the center of her court with their brutish ways. I and my ilk are the Queens sworn messengers. She speaks throughou her realm through us and has already informed me that she will grant you safe passage to the clearing where the Gate is located. You have but to follow the path."

He points towards the trees and you can see that several of his kind are holding a small glowing ball about the size of a pea, enough to create a light to follow, and are setting up a path of such lights heading away from the camp.

(in sylvan) "The lights that you see are one of the Queens blessings to those who serve her. A younglings first duty is to light the Queens chamber while she sits at court. The light identiifes us as being in the Queens service and on her business. Escorted by the Queens messengers no creature of this forest will dare to appproach you with intentions to harm. The wolves will prowl along the path out of sight but they have been told not to interfere."

He turns and faces Mirae a solemn expression on his face. He places both fists knuckles together in front of his chest. Continuing in sylvan, "Lady Mirae, I swear to you on my honor, both as a servant of the Queen, may she banish me forever, and as a chosen knight of the Great Hunter of the Forest, my he turn his face from me forever, that I will see you and all with you safely to the Gate."

He holds out his right hand palm up and a small globe of light appears.

(In sylvan) "Now if you are all ready to go we can be on our way."

He heads towards the others and leads the way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed   The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Shadows Deepen and the Truth is Revealed
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Great Game :: At the Gaming Table :: The Great Game (IC)-
Jump to: