The Great Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Great Game

The Great Game is a roleplaying chronicle based around the Eberron setting for DnD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The game soon commences!

Go down 
+4
Jaynna
Ghalin
Bulwark
GM
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Rima Nerezza

The game soon commences! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The game soon commences!   The game soon commences! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 2:37 am

Jaynna wrote:
.. sighs I hate that place.. Eildre died.. sighs.. luckily we have a Selunite Healer in the group or it might have been permanent..

Well, you know what they say, "Old heroes never die; they reappear in sequels." -M. Moorcock.

And poor Lessah! Hang in there! Kaland hasn't even been a jerk yet! You can't quit now! XD =P Kat is still waiting for him to show up just so she can kill him, btw. He left a. . . .. uh, lasting impression on her that she would like to return in kind. Of course, to her any excuse to blow up something/someone is a good one. . . .
Back to top Go down
http://avoidingreality.deviantart.com/
GM

GM

PostSubject: Re: The game soon commences!   The game soon commences! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 4:03 am

Ok.. given the current posting trends that I am seeing I have made a choice for the next leg of the journey. Im going to divide you guys into two groups... based on how often you guys are posting..

It looks like the split is going to go like this:

Ghalin, Bulwark, Mirae, Jaynna, RIma

and

Kaland, Gerbill, Val'murss, Mokato, Dres, Praetorious

That way those folk who dont have alot of time to post/read can be in the same group and not feel as if they are holding everything up as well as have lese to sift through when they can post. It also breaks the groups into a bit more managable numbers with regards to action/reactions

If you guys are cool with that, as soon as you get to the gate and move through youll be split into two teams.
Back to top Go down
Bulwark

PostSubject: Re: The game soon commences!   The game soon commences! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 4:13 am

GM wrote:
Ok.. given the current posting trends that I am seeing I have made a choice for the next leg of the journey. Im going to divide you guys into two groups... based on how often you guys are posting..

and

That way those folk who dont have alot of time to post/read can be in the same group and not feel as if they are holding everything up as well as have lese to sift through when they can post. It also breaks the groups into a bit more managable numbers with regards to action/reactions

If you guys are cool with that, as soon as you get to the gate and move through youll be split into two teams.

Sounds good to me. Only one concern:

What if fast group gets done with their bit, well. . . . . Really, really fast? More "get to know each other" kind of posts, I'd assume? Or are you going to kind of make the length of what each group is doing relevant to posting speed? IE, slow group is shorter, fast group is longer?

Otherwise, I like the idea. I have my two little protectees with me. I'm good. Razz

-D
Back to top Go down
http://deriaz.deviantart.com
GM

GM

PostSubject: Re: The game soon commences!   The game soon commences! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 4:19 am

No you guys will be doing completely different tasks, so the pace that you set for yourselves will be independant of the other group. You will still be aiming for the same greater goal, and depending on how things go I may even get in character reports about what the other group is up to so that your characters know that they are well and making progresss.
Back to top Go down
Jaynna

Jaynna

PostSubject: Re: The game soon commences!   The game soon commences! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 11:16 am

Grins.. I am easy to get along with.. sounds nifty to me.. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mirae

Mirae

PostSubject: Re: The game soon commences!   The game soon commences! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 1:51 pm

Some days I have more time to read/post than others, it depends on how busy I get at work or how much spouse aggro I get at home... Wink

I try to keep up, though, so hopefully I wouldn't slow up the rest of the group if I get busy!
Back to top Go down
GM

GM

PostSubject: Re: The game soon commences!   The game soon commences! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 2:35 pm

You post as often or more than I...

You in the first group
Back to top Go down
Mirae

Mirae

PostSubject: Re: The game soon commences!   The game soon commences! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 2:42 pm

GM wrote:
You post as often or more than I...

You in the first group

*salutes* Yes Ma'am!!

Wink
Back to top Go down
Mirae

Mirae

PostSubject: Re: The game soon commences!   The game soon commences! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 10:44 pm

*bump*

As per Milady GM's request, please read and comment if you haven't already... Smile

GM wrote:

and

Back to top Go down
gerbill

gerbill

PostSubject: Re: The game soon commences!   The game soon commences! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 2:08 am

Not sure I like the splitting idea or that it would increase participation with the so called 'slow' people.

I almost feel like I've been relegated to the short bus and handed a helmet so I don't hurt myself.

When the first two days produced 80+ posts I questioned then if I should drop out and leave the 'fast' people to their fun.

This raises that same question. I guess I have less than 24 hours to consider continuing...
Back to top Go down
http://www.i-sci-fi.com
Bulwark

PostSubject: Re: The game soon commences!   The game soon commences! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 2:13 am

gerbill wrote:
Not sure I like the splitting idea or that it would increase participation with the so called 'slow' people.

I almost feel like I've been relegated to the short bus and handed a helmet so I don't hurt myself.

When the first two days produced 80+ posts I questioned then if I should drop out and leave the 'fast' people to their fun.

This raises that same question. I guess I have less than 24 hours to consider continuing...

If it's any consolation, I'm trying to slow myself down. . . I noticed I was posting a huge amount at the start, and I didn't want everyone to basically get the same train of thought that you have now. . .

If I'm still going too fast, just tell me. I can limit myself to one or two posts a day. I know, with a whole session done, that it isn't much. . . But again, if I'm going too fast, all I have to be told is to slow down. If my slowing down will maybe cause others to slow down too, and allow everyone to enjoy it more. . . I will.

Apologies if I was, in any way, a part of you thinking about dropping out. I didn't really consider the speed of my posting much until it was, apparently, too late.

-D
Back to top Go down
GM

GM

PostSubject: Re: The game soon commences!   The game soon commences! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 2:23 am

Im sorry if the idea of spliting people into two groups has made people feel uncomfortable. That was never my intention. In fact with the way that I have left things so far nothing is written in stone.

Since a number of people have expressed reservations about the idea of splitting up the group, I am canning the idea. You will continue forward from here together. I had planned that if you were going to split then you would go through one of the two gates and end up separated. If we werent then the first person through a gate closes the other and you stay together.
Back to top Go down
Rima Nerezza

PostSubject: Re: The game soon commences!   The game soon commences! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 2:42 am

Points, I'm really sorry you felt/feel that way. I noticed too that I was posting a lot, and checking the forums WAY too often. I liked the idea personally. Instead of seeing it as the GM splitting us off so that you wouldn't slow the game down, I saw it as a way the GM was trying to relieve the pressure of seeing 80+ posts a day! (Even I was shocked at that number and I'm a forum addict!)
While checking the forums multiple times a day is easy for people like Der and me, as well as Mirae who I believe works behind a computer. However, for those who have more active jobs, that number is insane and very hard to keep up with. With two different threads, it would allow the story to commence at a normal pace and relieve pressure from those who can't/don't want to have to check the forums 5+ times a day. It was a way to make the game more conveiniant for everyone participating.
Just my two cents. I'm fine with moving on in one group, I just wanted to tell Points and some of the other non-forum junkies that we weren't trying to ditch them and get on with the game. =(
Back to top Go down
gerbill

gerbill

PostSubject: Re: The game soon commences!   The game soon commences! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 11:07 am

First, I don't want those who are able to post more often to feel guilty about that. Post, have fun. I am unable to do so. I work at a computer all day. However, I cannot switch over to read the equivalent of say 40 pages on my '15 minute break'. I have tried to keep up during lunches and when I get home, but have to confess that because of the volume of posts and lagging behind I have not enjoyed this as much as I could have. I do not say this to make anyone feel bad or to try to change things. It is what it is.

Second, I have thoroughly enjoyed the concept and execution. You are some very creative and interesting folks. I like my character and have had fun playing him. I really like this campaign idea. I like/love everyone of you and regardless of what I decide it is nothing on you. You are all awesome!

Third, not to be selfish but I have noticed that this has taken time away from other projects that were ongoing. As such, I have to consider the cost/benefit of continuing. While I am having fun, it has been causing me to fall behind on several schedules for other projects.

Finally, I will take some time to think about this before making any decision. So don't think I am just running off. Thanks again for playing with me.

-Rex AKA Gerbill, AKA Points

P.S.: Rima, it wasn't you Gerbill was calling the snooty mage type. It was Praetorius... Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.i-sci-fi.com
Rima Nerezza

PostSubject: Re: The game soon commences!   The game soon commences! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 2:24 pm

Aaaaah. That hit her hard too. XD Ah well. Knowing Rima, everything is about her. Such is the price of being paranoi*is threatened with a fireball*iiiiiicatious. >> <<

Sorry that the game isn't working that well for you Points. Do what you think is best. ^^

ALSO, GM, I am hooked. As I said before, I have become a The Great Game forum junkie. MAJOR Kudos to you for this awesome site and rp. I can't wait to find out what is going to happen next. *bounces*

Doo do dooo doooo do do dee dee doo WAFFLES!
Back to top Go down
Jaynna

Jaynna

PostSubject: Re: The game soon commences!   The game soon commences! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 2:45 pm

Doesnt know what really to say, but hugs Points anyway Smile <huggles>

and Rima, I am addicted too.. its another great outlet for my poor imagination.. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mirae

Mirae

PostSubject: Re: The game soon commences!   The game soon commences! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 4:25 pm

*huggles to Points/Grr(like a tiger)bill, and anyone else feeling a little left behind*

It seems to have slowed down a lot lately, so maybe now that the initial excitement of getting started on the game has worn off it might stay at a more manageable level. (Not that I want to make anyone feel guilty either, but it always helps if there's less to wade through before I can post! *grin*)

And yes, I do work behind (or in front of, actually... Wink ) a computer so I can sneak a peek at what's going on now and then, but I don't have a lot of time to write replies - especially not at the moment since I'm on my own for the next few days AND we have six kittens to try and take care of during breaks... I've managed to keep up so far, but it's a struggle sometimes.

I've been slacking off on other things as well, and there are at least two other stories I should probably have been working on... Wink

As for splitting the group, I didn't mind either way. Things will work themselves out, and I hope we don't end up losing any players. I've hardly got to know anyone's characters yet! Smile

*more hugs all round*
Back to top Go down
Ghalin

Ghalin

PostSubject: Re: The game soon commences!   The game soon commences! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 9:20 pm

I would like it better if the group could stay as one.... if it is not too late. I love getting into it with Points or Grrbill or who ever. I am not posting as often myself just because well... I have a computer that is able to handle other things now. I mean... the one I was on before struggled with this. Toward the end of this chapter I think we were all going at a pace that everyone could keep up with.....

And just so you know Points.... I saw the breaking of groups the complete oposite of your view. You felt you were being short bussed. I felt that we freaks with no lives were being roped off so we don't hurt you people with real lives/jobs/etc
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/enigma1122
Mirae

Mirae

PostSubject: Re: The game soon commences!   The game soon commences! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 10:13 pm

Ghalin wrote:
And just so you know Points.... I saw the breaking of groups the complete oposite of your view. You felt you were being short bussed. I felt that we freaks with no lives were being roped off so we don't hurt you people with real lives/jobs/etc

Hey, who are you calling a freak with no life?!?!

Oh... wait...

*ahem*

*jedi hand gesture* You can go about your business...

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kaland

Kaland

PostSubject: Okay   The game soon commences! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 2:36 am

Im okay with splitting.
Back to top Go down
http://wanderingmonster.com/
Bulwark

PostSubject: Re: The game soon commences!   The game soon commences! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 6:38 pm

So. . .

It turns out that. . . For whatever reason, this forum shows me as logged in all the time, at the bottom of the screen. (I noticed that when there were two "Bulwark"s for a second. A refresh fixed that. . .)

I dunno why it does that, but if anyone is looking down there to see if anyone is online / may be typing a post. . . If it shows me as online, disregard that. . . I apparently am here 24/7. . . Lol. Don't ask me why. I can navigate away from this page. . . I can turn off Firefox and go play DDO or Diablo. . . And yet I'm still logged in, I'm guessing.

I'm just going to attribute that to the fact that I chose "Keep me logged in" when I first logged in. . .

Soooo. . . Yeah. . . Weird thing of the day.

-D
Back to top Go down
Mirae

Mirae

PostSubject: Re: The game soon commences!   The game soon commences! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 1:46 am

That's weird...

It shows your status as 'online' at the bottom of your last post, but on the home page under 'who is online' there's only me...

Go figure...
Back to top Go down
Bulwark

PostSubject: Re: The game soon commences!   The game soon commences! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 2:53 am

*Looks around.*

*Notices he has been the only one to post in the past 24 hours.*

*Plants a flag.* I claim this land in the name of. . . Um. . . Well, lots of stuff I guess. . .

-D
Back to top Go down
Mirae

Mirae

PostSubject: Re: The game soon commences!   The game soon commences! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 3:38 pm

The land of 'lots of stuff'...? Wink

Looks like you're carrying the story on your own now, Bulwark... Smile

(Actually, I have been trying to write a post but I'm having trouble dealing with everything that's been said...! Might have to do two separate ones or something... Smile )
Back to top Go down
Jaynna

Jaynna

PostSubject: Re: The game soon commences!   The game soon commences! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 11:14 am

(Chuckles.. I have been waiting a bit so .. plus this was a busy weekend for me Smile PNP game yesterday, our Eberron one.. I run two chars in that so it takes a little prep sometimes. Wil post today thought)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The game soon commences!   The game soon commences! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The game soon commences!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next