The Great Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Great Game

The Great Game is a roleplaying chronicle based around the Eberron setting for DnD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nearing a month now. . .

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bulwark

Nearing a month now. . . Empty
PostSubject: Nearing a month now. . .   Nearing a month now. . . Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 10:58 pm

Nearing a month since GM was last online. . . So I got to thinking. . .

I know pretty much everyone since this thing began has disappeared. . . And there aren't many of us left, but I, for one, am kind of attached to Bulwark.

If this lack of progress keeps up, would anyone object to an IC, background-get-to-know kind of thing? To me, I think since we don't know each other's characters well enough, maybe an alternate thread could be made. . . Basically, we could rewind to the camp-site, and take it from a stand-point that we had a bit of time to get to know one another, learn about where we're from, etc. Of course, if the GM comes back and is ok with it, we could then maybe know that stuff IC for the real threads.

Just an idea. I'm kind of getting antsy at this lack of progress or lack of anything, really. . .

-Deriaz
Back to top Go down
http://deriaz.deviantart.com
Mirae

Mirae

PostSubject: Re: Nearing a month now. . .   Nearing a month now. . . Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 4:08 pm

I could go for that. There are some things about Mirae's background that I'd prefer didn't come out until later (if 'later' ever comes... Wink ), but we could certainly all sit down and have a bit of a chat even if we can't use the knowledge in the game. It would give us something to pass the time, if nothing else! I'm pretty busy with other stuff I need to write, but I can manage a few posts here too.

I do think we ought to start a separate thread for it though, as you suggested, and it looks like we have the permissions to start a new one in the IC forum.

As for the GM - if anyone has seen or heard from her in any form, please let the rest of us know! I've emailed her and got no response so far, I've sent PMs on the Fellowship forum that haven't been read, and I've mailed some of her characters in game - nothing. Frankly, I'm getting a little worried... She may just have been busy, but I would have thought she'd try to post a little note here to let us know if that was the case. Or if her computer has packed up again, she won't even know she has email... So if anyone has any other way to contact her, please try it! (I'm going to try and contact someone from her other guild and see if they've seen her at all.)

Oh, and as a side note - does anyone know when we might get Druids in game? I created Mirae on Thelanis, but if I want her to be like the Mirae I have here, I can't really get past level 2 until she can multi-class as a druid... Wink

Edit:

Okay, so I went online to look for someone from Ba'al Verzi Unbound and ask about Shaedo (GMs BVU character). I found one person, but they said the guild is disbanding and didn't know where Shaedo might have gone. I did, however, notice that Latania was online less than two weeks ago. So hopefully that means she's okay and is just busy...
Back to top Go down
Jaynna

Jaynna

PostSubject: Re: Nearing a month now. . .   Nearing a month now. . . Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:16 pm

::Chuckles:: I would be up for it.. just tell me where and how we want to handle it.. Jaynna's life is pretty much an open book to anyone that asks her, she has only one tiny decietful bone in her body, but that is just the normal chafing and subterfuge that goes on between a child and their parents Smile chuckles..

I will try to see if I can get ahold of our lovely gm to, I may have an avenue to do that Smile and we shall see what we get..

Hugs all
Back to top Go down
Ghalin

Ghalin

PostSubject: Re: Nearing a month now. . .   Nearing a month now. . . Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 5:14 am

Hmm, did not notice this when it was posted a week ago. Last time I heard from our DM was in DDO. She mentioned that her PC was completely dead, and she had stuff delaying her from getting a new one. She was on DDO though, so I figured she still had access to internets and yeah. Hopefully she will be back.

OOC I am all for us getting to know each other. In character, Ghalin would not agree. Especially if we did it at the camp site. Now, he might be able to be convinced into letting a little slip out now in the forge. Heck, were stuck her, we have nothing to do. I think our characters would sit, share a meal, and begin to talk. Ghalin does still have the stew I believe. If not, he has ranks in cook and equip.

Goodnight
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/enigma1122
Jaynna

Jaynna

PostSubject: Re: Nearing a month now. . .   Nearing a month now. . . Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 12:54 pm

(Giggles.. I know Jaynna grabbed a bunch of bread and other portable food so Smile it may be a bit air cured... but edible..))
Back to top Go down
Mirae

Mirae

PostSubject: Re: Nearing a month now. . .   Nearing a month now. . . Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 1:10 pm

Time for a picnic, then? Smile

*pokes at the roasting Val'murss to see if he's done yet*
Back to top Go down
Bulwark

PostSubject: Re: Nearing a month now. . .   Nearing a month now. . . Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 3:04 pm

Just talking in the forge would work. I mean, the campfire thing was just an idea; in a sense, it'd be the same thing in the forge. Just not natural -- more metallic. ;P

I just am kind of. . . Antsy. I like the characters we've got. I just don't wanna see the board rot. >>;;

-Deriaz
Back to top Go down
Mirae

Mirae

PostSubject: Re: Nearing a month now. . .   Nearing a month now. . . Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 10:35 pm

I can go for that - and the food should still be good, it can't have been more than a few hours in game time since they left camp.

And Mirae didn't eat at the camp, either, so she's probably hungry by now... Wink

Hopefully our GM will be back with us soon, but until then we may as well amuse ourselves with something.
Back to top Go down
Mirae

Mirae

PostSubject: Re: Nearing a month now. . .   Nearing a month now. . . Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 3:36 pm

She's back! Very Happy

Latania was in-game last night, on DDO. GM's had a lot of stuff going on, (and also got sidetracked by a new game... Wink ), but she's okay.

Hopefully she'll be rejoining us here soon, once she gets herself sorted out... Smile

(Welcome back...!)
Back to top Go down
Bulwark

PostSubject: Re: Nearing a month now. . .   Nearing a month now. . . Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 7:18 pm

Yay! That's good news. Very Happy *Hopes to see her back soon.*

-D
Back to top Go down
Bulwark

PostSubject: Re: Nearing a month now. . .   Nearing a month now. . . Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 9:24 am

Mirae wrote:
She's back! Very Happy

Latania was in-game last night, on DDO. GM's had a lot of stuff going on, (and also got sidetracked by a new game... Wink ), but she's okay.

Hopefully she'll be rejoining us here soon, once she gets herself sorted out... Smile

(Welcome back...!)

(*Isn't sure whether to post or not, if Latania is back in-game.*) Don't want to post if she may pop in and update everything. . . But then again, I have no idea when she'll pop in. . .

-Deriaz
Back to top Go down
Jaynna

Jaynna

PostSubject: Re: Nearing a month now. . .   Nearing a month now. . . Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 1:21 pm

::Grins.. I have no real life so I will post away when there is something to respond to.. <hugs everyone>::
Back to top Go down
Mirae

Mirae

PostSubject: Re: Nearing a month now. . .   Nearing a month now. . . Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 4:46 pm

I'm really not sure what to do at the moment - by now Mirae should really be running around panicking because she feels trapped underground, but with no-one to say what she finds if she runs about opening doors at random it's a bit pointless having her do that... Wink

Hopefully we'll see Latania in DDO tonight, so if I do I'll ask her what she plans to do about keeping this going.
Back to top Go down
Mirae

Mirae

PostSubject: Re: Nearing a month now. . .   Nearing a month now. . . Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 5:17 pm

I did speak to Latania about this last week, and told her there are a few of us trying to keep it going but we can't do much without a GM...

I think she is pretty busy at the moment, but she did say she would try to make time to get things moving here again. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if she can manage that or not... Smile
Back to top Go down
GM

GM

PostSubject: The deliquent GM....   Nearing a month now. . . Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 10:26 pm

Well, folks I have to say that I am very sorry for having dropped the ball on you guys back there. Between this that and everything else, I just didnt have the time. I should have said something when it started but I didnt and for that I am very sorry.

So it comes down to this. I would be willing (and honored) to take back up the torch for those of you still participating in the game. I promise to devote as much time as you guys and to get this back up and running once again.

I would need about 24 hours to get everything straightened out again and get through the vast amounts of mail that I have sitting around, but I would be back in the swing come Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Mirae

Mirae

PostSubject: Re: Nearing a month now. . .   Nearing a month now. . . Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 5:59 pm

Yay... welcome back!! *hugs*

I'm not sure if Rima will still be participating - Kikyo said a while back that she wouldn't be online for two or three months, but I don't know if that was just playing DDO, or not at all... I'll try sending her a guildportal mail to find out.

And how are we going to deal with the 'missing' ones that have dropped out - do we just pretend they were never there to begin with, or are you going to write them out in some way?
Back to top Go down
GM

GM

PostSubject: Re: Nearing a month now. . .   Nearing a month now. . . Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 5:42 am

Mirae wrote:

And how are we going to deal with the 'missing' ones that have dropped out - do we just pretend they were never there to begin with, or are you going to write them out in some way?

Much as I loathe to do so I will be wrting them out of the next chapter. It will make sense when it happens not to worry. If they come back then I will get them back into the story as soon as possible
Back to top Go down
Mirae

Mirae

PostSubject: Re: Nearing a month now. . .   Nearing a month now. . . Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 8:16 pm

GM, has Kikyo/Rima contacted you yet? I suggested she should, to discuss how we can include her if possible...
Back to top Go down
Ghalin

Ghalin

PostSubject: ((Runs around excited and nekked))   Nearing a month now. . . Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 8:49 am

Okay, I am not nekked, it is cold out. So I am sleeping in my cashmire sweater.... and going out durning the day wearing ratty t-shirts.

Sorry I fell off the face of the planet. This started back up right around Midterms, and Miderms are some how three weeks before finals.... and I have just been failing at the internet.

That plus now new stuff with Nklos and crazy.

And the Andy Griffith show making me bust out my grandfathers banjo and trying to learn to play it. Which oddly happen after I introduced the idea of Nklos having a banjo in guild chat....

Sorry. Still love you.

Especially you! *Points at who ever would be the creepiest to point at.*
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/enigma1122
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nearing a month now. . .   Nearing a month now. . . Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nearing a month now. . .
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Great Game :: At the Gaming Table :: The Great Game (OOC)-
Jump to: