The Great Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Great Game

The Great Game is a roleplaying chronicle based around the Eberron setting for DnD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A question for Milady GM...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mirae

Mirae

A question for Milady GM... Empty
PostSubject: A question for Milady GM...   A question for Milady GM... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 9:10 pm

I was wondering how, when we get into the game itself, we handle 'private' conversations between characters.

Say, for the sake of argument, that Mirae wanted to talk to Rima about something in private. Do I just say that Mirae takes Rima aside and whispers to her, then send a PM to her and we have a discussion, or does the GM need to be in on these conversations as well?

Just curious...
Back to top Go down
Bulwark

PostSubject: Re: A question for Milady GM...   A question for Milady GM... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 9:20 pm

I'm not the GM obviously, but my guess is you post it in the message. Just make it clear that you're whispering to this person. Even though everyone can read it, I'd assume we all know that our character can't hear it. And I trust the GM won't meta-game and use that against us. . .

-D
Back to top Go down
http://deriaz.deviantart.com
GM

GM

PostSubject: Good idea   A question for Milady GM... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 9:40 pm

I agree with Bulwark, however if you are concerned about soemthing being overheard you can use the private mail system to each other.

HOWEVER!!! you MUST send a copy of any private massages that you may have. In the even that someone is actively attempting to overhear your conversation, I need to know what was said so that I can pass it on.

With that said, if you are attempting to eavesdrop on someone you MUST make me aware of it so that I can convey what you hear, either in something that is posted publicly or privately.

I would PREFER that you trust your fellow players and keep all conversations public so that I dont have to keep track of anymore posts than needed.

But exceptions can be made.

If for example a couple of characters are going to be doing an extensive side trip away from the party, we can even go so far as to run a seperate thread for that trip. Then you can rp together to your hearts content in the IC rather than in private posts.
Back to top Go down
Ghalin

Ghalin

PostSubject: Re: A question for Milady GM...   A question for Milady GM... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 4:28 pm

Don't worry. Despite my rogueyness, I won't listen in on conversations. *Shifts eyes around* We umm.... we dwarves are known for respecting privacy. *Rubs hands together and mutters to self in a plotting manner.*
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/enigma1122
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A question for Milady GM...   A question for Milady GM... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A question for Milady GM...
Page 1 of 1