The Great Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Great Game

The Great Game is a roleplaying chronicle based around the Eberron setting for DnD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A picture says a thousand words. . .

Go down 
+3
Admin
Jaynna
Bulwark
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bulwark

A picture says a thousand words. . . Empty
PostSubject: A picture says a thousand words. . .   A picture says a thousand words. . . Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 6:22 pm

So, I got unlazy, and scanned something to DeviantArt.

Bulwark

A picture says a thousand words. . . Bulwark_by_Deriaz

Gives you an idea of what he sort of looks like. For an avatar, I'll either be drawing a dome myself, or I'll get one from in-game. . .

So, that begs the question:

Anyone got some pictures they wanna share of their character? Smile

(I saw a Gallery button at one point. . . Still working on getting that up, I'll assume?)

-Deriaz/Bulwark

Last edited by Bulwark on Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://deriaz.deviantart.com
Jaynna

Jaynna

PostSubject: Picture of Jaynna   A picture says a thousand words. . . Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 6:28 pm

<-------- Here
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Gallery.. sadly not at the moment   A picture says a thousand words. . . Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 8:22 pm

The spae permitted for a Gallery is sadly speaking quite small... If prefer that folks host the pics somewhere online and then just link them over to here. That way we wont have to move them later

Sorry... but for a free site its doing pretty good so far. Cant ask for everything
Back to top Go down
https://greatgame.rpg-board.net
Rima Nerezza

PostSubject: Re: A picture says a thousand words. . .   A picture says a thousand words. . . Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 8:27 pm

Dude, this site is awesome! Both Der and I have DeviantArt sites and everyone else can get a photobucket for free If they want to post something. No problems there. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://avoidingreality.deviantart.com/
Bulwark

PostSubject: Re: A picture says a thousand words. . .   A picture says a thousand words. . . Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 9:25 pm

Admin wrote:
The spae permitted for a Gallery is sadly speaking quite small... If prefer that folks host the pics somewhere online and then just link them over to here. That way we wont have to move them later

Sorry... but for a free site its doing pretty good so far. Cant ask for everything

Bah, no sweat. ;P My Website is DeviantArt, so it's not like it's a big loss. Plus, I was just curious is all. I saw the button at one time, but then it went poof. If it's too small, well, that's ok. ^^

And I agree with Kikyo. I'm loving the forums, so far. Very Happy It's a great site. The colors are nicely paired (Most private forums I see hurt my eyes), everything's nice and sorted. . . You're doing great. Smile

-Deriaz
Back to top Go down
Mirae

Mirae

PostSubject: Re: A picture says a thousand words. . .   A picture says a thousand words. . . Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 12:16 am

I created a character on another server, as was suggested, to represent Mirae. And I got a screenshot of her, but now I have no idea what to do with it! How do I make it into a nice little picture to show next to my name...?

Mirae/Valianna
Back to top Go down
Rima Nerezza

PostSubject: Re: A picture says a thousand words. . .   A picture says a thousand words. . . Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 12:21 am

You go to the Profile, then Avatar. Since you took a screenshot you would go to upload from your machine. Then you type in whatever you named the screenshot or you click the browse button and find it that way. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://avoidingreality.deviantart.com/
Mirae

Mirae

PostSubject: Re: A picture says a thousand words. . .   A picture says a thousand words. . . Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 12:28 am

Okay, found the profile and all that - but my picture is waaaay too big! What's the best way to resize it so I can use it here? I don't have any fancy editing software on this PC...
Back to top Go down
Bulwark

PostSubject: Re: A picture says a thousand words. . .   A picture says a thousand words. . . Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 12:56 am

By no fancy editing, I'm assuming you mean no Photoshop. In that case. . .

MS Paint.

I know, it's terrible, but open up your picture there. Using the rectangle tool, click and drag and get it around the portion of the picture you want. Copy, and make a new file. Paste that in there, and then drag the canvas edges so there's no white on the borders (Usually it's below or to the right, due to too large a canvas.)

If that STILL isn't small enough, re-select the image you want using the rectangular tool in the upper left. Select what you want, and copy it. When you paste it into a new canvas, do NOT click. What you've got selected there is the image itself. Go ahead and grab the lower right corner around it, and drag it down to size (There's a pixel indicator in the lower right, I believe. This tells you the pixel co-ordinate your mouse is on, in the canvas itself.)

Hope that helps.

-D
Back to top Go down
Mirae

Mirae

PostSubject: Re: A picture says a thousand words. . .   A picture says a thousand words. . . Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 4:24 pm

Thanks Der, I'll try playing with that later if I get time... Wink
Back to top Go down
Ghalin

Ghalin

PostSubject: Re: A picture says a thousand words. . .   A picture says a thousand words. . . Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 8:13 pm

Been trying to find a good picture of an imacated Dwarf. Well... that is not fully right for my guy.... but the would be a bit of a dwarf runt. Not quite as tall, or full as a normal. But you would not say anything to him about it. This is the best I have found somewhere.
A picture says a thousand words. . . Dwarf

Yeah. I will go through the description that I sent Lady EggMcDungeonMaster and take the details you all are aloud to know and post it here. Untill then I think that pic will do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/enigma1122
Mirae

Mirae

PostSubject: Re: A picture says a thousand words. . .   A picture says a thousand words. . . Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 1:42 am

And here she is... Meet Mirae.

<---------

Thanks for the instructions, Der... it took a couple of attempts to get it the right size, and I ended up with a very interesting 'double' picture at one stage, but I got there eventually! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Talkik the Grey

Talkik the Grey

PostSubject: Re: A picture says a thousand words. . .   A picture says a thousand words. . . Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 4:05 am

pictures. most are of my pnp game, the Talkik pic from DDO is close to how I envision him.

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/19165240
Back to top Go down
Bulwark

PostSubject: Re: A picture says a thousand words. . .   A picture says a thousand words. . . Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 4:02 pm

Updated my original link with a link to the completed Bulwark picture. I'll try and add the image here, too. Both will be in the original post.

-D
Back to top Go down
Mirae

Mirae

PostSubject: Re: A picture says a thousand words. . .   A picture says a thousand words. . . Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 11:19 pm

Bulwark wrote:
Updated my original link with a link to the completed Bulwark picture. I'll try and add the image here, too. Both will be in the original post.

-D

I'm no artist myself, but I can see your drawing skills are improving all the time, Der...! *hugs*
Back to top Go down
Bulwark

PostSubject: Re: A picture says a thousand words. . .   A picture says a thousand words. . . Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 11:55 pm

Mirae wrote:
Bulwark wrote:

-D

I'm no artist myself, but I can see your drawing skills are improving all the time, Der...! *hugs*

Thank you. :3 *Hugs back.*

-D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A picture says a thousand words. . .   A picture says a thousand words. . . Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A picture says a thousand words. . .
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Great Game :: At the Gaming Table :: The Great Game (OOC)-
Jump to: